Fujifilm has announced the X-T100, the first model in a new line in the company’s fantastic X series of mirrorless cameras.
The X-T100 is an entry-level body in the X Series lineup for photographers who are prepared to give up some features offered by the X-T20 in order to save on cost. Packed into the new Fujifilm X-T100 is the company’s 24.2MP APS-C sensor. The sensor has an ISO range of 200-12800 and is extendable to 100-51200. The continuous shooting speed is 6fps, down from 14fps in the X-T20.
There is a 3″ LCD touchscreen which can be tilted in 3 directions, including horizontally to nearly 180 degrees,ideal for selfies and vlogging. The digital camera also incorporates 4K video, Bluetooth. WiFi, plus a battery life of approx . 430 images according to Fujifilm.
The X-T100 comes in black, dark silver, and champagne gold, both the dark silver and champagne gold colors are new to the X Series lineup. Fujifilm will start selling the X-T100 on June 18th in the US. It’s priced at $599.95 body-only — $100 more than the X-A5, $300 less than the X-T20 — or $699.95 in a bundle with the new 15-45mm f/3.5-5.6 power zoom lens.
FUJIFILM X-T100 Key Features
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and high-speed imaging processor equipped with Phase Detection AF system
- 3” (approx. 1,040K-dot) high resolution LCD touchscreen can be tilted 3 ways
- Standard output sensitivity of ISO200 – ISO12800
- Extended output sensitivity: ISO100 – ISO51200
- 4K video recording up to approx. 30 mins
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 59.94p / 50p / 24p / 23.98p, Continuous recording up to approx. 30 min.
- HD 1280 x 720 59.94p / 50p / 24p / 23.98p, Continuous recording up to approx. 30 min.
- High Speed Movie 1280×720 / 1.6x / 2x / 3.3x / 4x, Continuous recording up to approx. 7 min.
- Bluetooth® version 4.1 low energy technology
- Wi-Fi® image transfer and remote camera operation
- Improved battery life for still images – approx. 430 frames
- Start-up period:
- 0.4 sec., when High Performance mode set to ON
- 0.8 sec., when High Performance mode set to OFF
- Photos can be sent to instax SHARE printers using the free “instax SHARE” app
- Accessories include:
- Li-ion battery NP-W126S
- AC power adapter
- Plug Adapter
- USB cable
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Owner’s manual
- Detachable Grip