olloclip today announced an all-new mobile lens system designed exclusively for iPhone X. With premium multi-element glass optics, the lenses allow iPhone users to enhance their field-of-view and shoot wider and closer than with the built-in camera alone. In addition, olloclip announced a new flip-able single lens system designed for the iPhone 8/7 and 8/7 Plus, lowering the entry price point for anyone wanting to experiment with new perspectives on their iPhone.
“We are thrilled to introduce several new and exciting solutions that allow customers to enhance their iPhone camera’s perspective beyond its built-in capabilities,” said Tim DeBrincat, Director of Marketing of olloclip. “Under new leadership this year, olloclip is re-committed to delivering easy-to-use, quality lenses with the features consumers have asked for. Alongside the new solutions, we’re proud to introduce an updated logo and brand image to reflect how olloclip has evolved as a company and our focus moving into the future.”
The new iPhone X olloclip lens system maintains all the best features of its award-winning predecessor and is equipped with Connect X, interchangeable lenses that can be instantly adapted to any shooting environment. The new expanding design opens to be completely screen protector compatible and intuitively aligns with both front and rear cameras on the iPhone X. It is also compatible with the new olloclip slim case for iPhone X. The slim case features a clear back and matte black sides and provides basic protection against drops.
Six olloclip lenses are available for the new iPhone X:
- Super-Wide: Four-element lens with more than 120° visibility.
- Ultra-Wide: A 155° action camera field-of-view.
- Fisheye + Macro 15x: Unique 180° wide-angle spherical effect + 15x increased magnification.
- Telephoto: 2x optical zoom to get twice as close to the action.
- Macro 14x + 7x: Get detail oriented and see beyond the naked eye.
- Macro 21x: Go in for the ultimate close-up.
The new olloclip solution also includes several features unique to the iPhone X system:
- Expanding Lens Mount: Opens to easily accommodate all screen protectors and intuitively aligns with both front and rear cameras – with no extra parts needed.
- Connect X Interchangeable Lenses: Removable lenses that can be instantly adapted to any shooting environment. Switch out lenses quickly, on or off the phone.
- Pendant Stand: Designed to easily carry the iPhone X lens set and can be opened to form a pocket-sized tripod. Perfect for holding the phone to shoot stabilized video, live streaming, time-lapses or simply watch a movie.
- Telephoto Camera Compatibility: To align instantly with the iPhone X telephoto camera, users can easily flip the individual Connect lens within the clip and double the effect of the lens. Ideal for achieving greater optical zoom and magnification with Telephoto and Macro lenses.
The updated single lens system offers a lower price point while still featuring premium multi-element optics, the Connect interchangeable lens system and the ability to reach front and rear cameras quickly and easily by simply flipping the lens system. Adhering to olloclip’s legacy of superior optics, mobility, ease-of-use and ingenious functionality, this design delivers on advancements of versatility and speed. Six lenses are individually available as part of the single lens system: Super-Wide, Fisheye + Macro 15x, Telephoto 2x, Ultra-Wide, Macro 14x + 7x, and Macro 21x.
The Connect X lens system for iPhone X and single lens system for iPhone 8/7 & 8/7 Plus are available now with prices ranging from $59.99 to $79.99. The Mobile Photography Box Set for iPhone X (a special bundle featuring Super-Wide, Fisheye & Macro 15x lenses) is available now at olloclip.com, Amazon, and will be available in June at Apple locations worldwide for $99.99.